I’m honoured that you are considering me to review your novel! Here are some guidelines that will hopefully make the process of requesting a review easier for both sides:
- I am currently OPEN to review requests and to receiving solicited Advance Reading Copies (ARC) and Review Copies of books. Please send all your collaboration requests at email@example.com.
- My preferred genres are Action and Adventure, Detective and Mystery, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Literary Fiction, Magical Realism, Sci-Fi, Short Stories, Young Adult. This does not mean that I don’t read or consider other genres, I read everything. The above-mentioned are just the ones that I enjoy the most. I would consider anything that has a great synopsis but I also reserve the right to refuse accepting a book for review due to lack of time in that particular moment or having other books to read/review before that, etc. Overall, I do my best to read and review in a timely manner. If the book is an ARC, I will try and publish the review on or around the release date and not before that.
- I do not accept self-published books at the moment, nor do I accept review copies for Erotica, Poetry, Religious Fiction. I might review some poetry books, though, here or on my social media accounts, but they’d be recommendations from my personal library. I also reserve the right to NOT post a review of the book if I don’t feel comfortable doing so. If you haven’t heard from me in a timely fashion, please assume I haven’t been able to accept your request.
- The review copy form I prefer is eBooks (I have a Kindle app and a PocketBook reader), followed by print copies. My preferred eBook format is EPUB.
- I speak Spanish fluently, so I read books written in Spanish as well.
- In your review request, please include the title of your book, a summary, a page count will be greatly appreciated, the release date and any other relevant information that you think I should know about the book or the author and a time frame for when you expect the review to be posted (that will very much influence my decision and I will be able to see and inform you whether I can commit to that timeline). Due to my TBR pile, time constraints or work commitments, it may take several weeks for a review to be posted.
- Social media: I will try to post my reviews on Goodreads at the same time as I post them on this blog as well. I’ll probably write a mini review or just post the highlights from it on the other social media accounts of this blog and I might occasionally post them on Amazon too.
- Negative reviews: what happens if I didn’t enjoy a certain book? Well, my review will be clear of that. All of my reviews are unbiased, so I cannot guarantee a positive review every time. Also, any type of criticism would be only towards the book and not towards its author or the publishing house. I can’t hide the fact that a book was boring or pretend that I enjoyed it when I didn’t. However, I do understand that some books may not be my type and that some other readers/book reviewers might have enjoyed them. That is why all the reviews will reflect my personal connection with that book, the way it resonated with me and the way I experienced it. I also know that a lot of people have put time and effort into creating the book but also believe that, as I’ve also spent some of my time reading it, I reserve my right to talk about that experience, even if it reflects in a negative review. That being mentioned, even if negative, my reviews will always be respectful and will always acknowledge the good, positive points of the book as well. As it might suit other readers’ taste, I’ll make sure to mention that in my review. If you do not agree with my opinion, I would appreciate that you keep the good tone, be respectful and not attacking, and I would welcome you to a constructive discussion over our different point of views (in the comments section under each post or via email).
- Author interviews: If you are an author and would like to ‘participate’ in my blog in the form of an interview feature with you, you’re more than welcome to do so! I would love to do some author interviews and then publish them here under a new ‘Interviews’ section. Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- Guest blogging: I am interested in being a guest blogger on other blogs and I will accept guest bloggers with topics that I am interested in and that are relevant to my site.
- Blog tours: I love bookish blog tours and I encourage you to get in touch with me if you’d like me to participate in one and think the book would match my style!
Please send all your review requests and questions to this email address: email@example.com.
As someone with a professional and academic background in publishing, I believe I have the necessary judgement and abilities to write book reviews, as well as to share them for people to read. I don’t pretend I know everything and I’m only human, therefore I am aware that my opinion would not always be completely exhaustive or include all the aspects of a certain subject matter. What’s more, English is not my native language and although I’ve taken all measures to ensure a clear, smooth and easily-understandable exposure of my thoughts, I cannot guarantee that the occasional mistake (in grammar, punctuation or spelling) will not occur. If you spot a mistake or if something sounds weird or unnatural to you, I’d actually love to know! I’m always trying to improve and learn, so feel free to send me an email (without turning it into a grammar lesson, please :)) pointing out my mistakes and I’ll try to amend them. I’ve also tried to stick to the British origin of the English words, as well as their British spelling, but an American version of the same word may have slipped here and there.
All the reviews on this website are mine, are honest and unbiased, express my personal opinion and are written by me, after reading my personal copy of the book in review. Any book reviewed I’ve either purchased online as an eBook, bought from a bookshop/another retailer or received as a review copy. A big part of my reviews here are of books I’ve already had in my personal home library for some time (part of my never-ending TBR pile).
I accept book review requests and if any book in any format has been given to me by a third party, this has been dutifully stated at the beginning of the review under a ‘Disclosure’ asterisk.
I am not being paid to blog or review. I’m just a bookworm that loves to read and talk to other people about books and publishing. So please keep that in mind before reaching out with your enquiry. 🙂
In case you’re wondering… #owlbeereading!